Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Trailthefox earned a 1 1/4-length win over Starbury in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The pair ran away from the field of 2-year-olds through the stretch as Starbury came home 7 1/2 lengths clear of third-place finisher Blame It On Ruby.
Spectacular Bid Stakes winner Spectacular Cat adds Lasix for his first race at a distance of over six furlongs and has been installed as the 4-1 morning-line second choice for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The one-turn one-mile race features a field of 12 2-year-olds.
Leslie and Robert Hurley and D.J. Stable's Shooter raced just off the early pace set by T P Louie, edged clear of that rival in the final furlong, and held off the late charge of 13-1 longshot Snow Ridge to win the $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. II) winner Duality heads a field of eight juveniles entered in the six-furlong $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday