Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Trailthefox earned a 1 1/4-length win over Starbury in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The pair ran away from the field of 2-year-olds through the stretch as Starbury came home 7 1/2 lengths clear of third-place finisher Blame It On Ruby.
Spectacular Bid Stakes winner Spectacular Cat adds Lasix for his first race at a distance of over six furlongs and has been installed as the 4-1 morning-line second choice for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The one-turn one-mile race features a field of 12 2-year-olds.
Leslie and Robert Hurley and D.J. Stable's Shooter raced just off the early pace set by T P Louie, edged clear of that rival in the final furlong, and held off the late charge of 13-1 longshot Snow Ridge to win the $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. II) winner Duality heads a field of eight juveniles entered in the six-furlong $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet