Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Trailthefox earned a 1 1/4-length win over Starbury in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The pair ran away from the field of 2-year-olds through the stretch as Starbury came home 7 1/2 lengths clear of third-place finisher Blame It On Ruby.
Spectacular Bid Stakes winner Spectacular Cat adds Lasix for his first race at a distance of over six furlongs and has been installed as the 4-1 morning-line second choice for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. The one-turn one-mile race features a field of 12 2-year-olds.
Leslie and Robert Hurley and D.J. Stable's Shooter raced just off the early pace set by T P Louie, edged clear of that rival in the final furlong, and held off the late charge of 13-1 longshot Snow Ridge to win the $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. II) winner Duality heads a field of eight juveniles entered in the six-furlong $200,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- WV Racing to Have Role in Legislative Review
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage