Star Track Farm's Mother's Sacrifice won an early duel with A Perfect Wood and a late challenge from So Sweet a Cat before posting a 1 3/4-length victory in the $155,863 New York Breeders' Futurity that highlighted the Labor Day card at Finger Lakes.
Star Track Farm's Grey Comet and David Cassidy's Unswept are the colts to beat in Sunday's $75,000 Damon Runyon for New York-bred juveniles going 1/16 mile at Aqueduct.
Sunday's four-race New York Stallion Series will showcase some of the state-bred program's top 2-year-olds and turf horses.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow