Star Track Farm's Mother's Sacrifice won an early duel with A Perfect Wood and a late challenge from So Sweet a Cat before posting a 1 3/4-length victory in the $155,863 New York Breeders' Futurity that highlighted the Labor Day card at Finger Lakes.
Star Track Farm's Grey Comet and David Cassidy's Unswept are the colts to beat in Sunday's $75,000 Damon Runyon for New York-bred juveniles going 1/16 mile at Aqueduct.
Sunday's four-race New York Stallion Series will showcase some of the state-bred program's top 2-year-olds and turf horses.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced