Capt. Candyman Can took over approaching the turn, maintained a narrow advantage at the top of the lane and repelled a bid from Monty's Best in the final furlong to take the $111,100 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) by three lengths Nov. 1 on "Stars of Tomorrow" day at Churchill Downs.
Frank Calabrese's Casey's On Call puts his undefeated record on the line Nov. 1 when he faces seven juveniles in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Grand Adventure, closing seven wide in the stretch, outfought Skipadate to the wire to win the $281,017 Summer Stakes (Can-III) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 4, earning a spot in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf later this month.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate