Capt. Candyman Can took over approaching the turn, maintained a narrow advantage at the top of the lane and repelled a bid from Monty's Best in the final furlong to take the $111,100 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) by three lengths Nov. 1 on "Stars of Tomorrow" day at Churchill Downs.
Frank Calabrese's Casey's On Call puts his undefeated record on the line Nov. 1 when he faces seven juveniles in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Grand Adventure, closing seven wide in the stretch, outfought Skipadate to the wire to win the $281,017 Summer Stakes (Can-III) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 4, earning a spot in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf later this month.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line