Capt. Candyman Can took over approaching the turn, maintained a narrow advantage at the top of the lane and repelled a bid from Monty's Best in the final furlong to take the $111,100 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) by three lengths Nov. 1 on "Stars of Tomorrow" day at Churchill Downs.
Frank Calabrese's Casey's On Call puts his undefeated record on the line Nov. 1 when he faces seven juveniles in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Grand Adventure, closing seven wide in the stretch, outfought Skipadate to the wire to win the $281,017 Summer Stakes (Can-III) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 4, earning a spot in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf later this month.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose