Heavily-favored My Boston Gal remained undefeated Saturday, displaying an explosive stretch run to post a 3 1/4-length win over Holiday Lady in Churchill Downs' $219,600 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
Churchill Downs brings down the curtain on its 113th Fall Meet on Saturday with a pair of $200,000-added stakes races for 2-year-olds, the Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for colts and geldings and the Golden Rod (gr. II) for fillies.
Mary and Gary West's Clark Handicap (gr. II) contender Dollar Bill turned in a sharp five furlong work Friday, leading a parade of horses that turned in solid preps for next week's stakes races that will close out the Churchill Downs Fall Meet.
Belle of Perintown, with Mark Guidry aboard, was trapped behind horses at the top of the stretch before rallying to a three-quarter length victory over Star of Atticus in Saturday's $111,100 Pocahontas Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala