Defeating four older fillies and mares, Juddmonte Farms' Close Hatches secured her third grade I with a front-running performance in the $588,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 11 at Oaklawn Park.
Close Hatches will try to add a third top-level victory to her resume in the $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), in which she meets four opponents, including last year's winner On Fire Baby, April 11 at Oaklawn Park.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
After breaking through with her first graded stakes win one month ago, Iotapa seeks grade I glory when facing seven other older fillies and mares in the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Graded stakes-placed four times previously in her career, Iotapa broke through with a front-running tally in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Multiple graded stakes winner Fiftyshadesofhay heads a field of seven older females entered for the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) on Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park, seeking her first win of 2014.
Stanwyck, making her stakes debut off nearly a three-month layoff, captured the $200,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at odds of 21-1 by a head over favored Centring Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
Centring, grade I-placed in three New York events this season for trainer Tom Albertrani, looks to break through with a class drop in the $200,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House