Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga yearling sale rebounded big time in 2003. All of the major indices for the three-day venue saw marked advances over last year's down sale and returned to the general numbers seen in 2000.
Roll Hennessy Roll, impressive winner of the Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23, will try the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles Dec. 21, trainer Rafael Becerra confirmed Thursday.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association ended its two-night Del Mar yearling sale Monday in a virtual statistical dead-heat in average price with last year's all-time record sale.
Gross receipts and average price were down for the first of two nights of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Del Mar yearling sale on Sunday, but the median increased marginally and the session boasted the highest-priced yearling sold by the CTBA in more than a decade.
With Darby Dan Bloodstock acting on his behalf, casino industry veteran Stanley Fulton purchased an Unbridled's Song colt for $850,000 to top Keeneland's April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015