When you get right down to it, the Belmont Stakes is all about stamina; horses running a distance they likely will never run again. You can throw out speed figures and any other handicapping tool you use. read blog
With the final round of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) preps underway, so begins the usual analysis of top contenders--Are they good enough?--Will they get the distance? read blog
By Evan I. Hammonds - Advance deposit wagering, which most sources agree accounts for about 10% of handle on Thoroughbred racing, is the sport's latest battleground.
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity