It's time to remind breeders and broadcasters alike that stamina still exists in America and remains an essential part of breeding classic winners.
A Triple Crown title seems well within his reach. read blog
When you get right down to it, the Belmont Stakes is all about stamina; horses running a distance they likely will never run again. You can throw out speed figures and any other handicapping tool you use. read blog
With the final round of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) preps underway, so begins the usual analysis of top contenders--Are they good enough?--Will they get the distance? read blog
By Evan I. Hammonds - Advance deposit wagering, which most sources agree accounts for about 10% of handle on Thoroughbred racing, is the sport's latest battleground.
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame