Oaklawn Park has increased purses on 13 of its 32 stakes planned for 2013, including a majority of the 3-year-old stakes races, and has lengthened the Feb. 18 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) from one mile to 1 1/16 miles.
The New York Racing Association, which announced it would cut $4.3 million in stakes purses from last year, has slashed around $1.4 million from its stakes program for the upcoming Belmont and Saratoga meets.
For the second time in as many years, Suffolk Downs has increased the minimum purses for stakes. And in another Massachusetts development, the Brockton Fair has expressed an interest in live racing once again.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award