Arlington International Racecourse has cut overnight purses by 10% and trimmed the purses of most of its few remaining graded stakes.
Oaklawn Park has increased purses on 13 of its 32 stakes planned for 2013, including a majority of the 3-year-old stakes races, and has lengthened the Feb. 18 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) from one mile to 1 1/16 miles.
The New York Racing Association, which announced it would cut $4.3 million in stakes purses from last year, has slashed around $1.4 million from its stakes program for the upcoming Belmont and Saratoga meets.
For the second time in as many years, Suffolk Downs has increased the minimum purses for stakes. And in another Massachusetts development, the Brockton Fair has expressed an interest in live racing once again.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro