Reprocolor, a blue hen mare for the Weinfeld family at their Meon Valley Stud in England, died early this summer.
Jockey Mike Smith, bumped from Azeri for Monday's Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), notched a grade I win on Memorial Day anyway. He guided Noches De Rosa to an upset victory over a furiously closing Megahertz in the $324,250 Gamely Handicap (gr. IT) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park.
Diamond A Racing Stable's Noches de Rosa notched the biggest win of her career Saturday, upsetting Garden in the Rain and even-money favorite Megahertz with a front-running effort in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf at Santa Anita.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela is brimming with confidence over the chances of Golden Apples in Saturday's turf stakes at Santa Anita, in spite of the presence of Banks Hill and Voodoo Dancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic