Reprocolor, a blue hen mare for the Weinfeld family at their Meon Valley Stud in England, died early this summer.
Jockey Mike Smith, bumped from Azeri for Monday's Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), notched a grade I win on Memorial Day anyway. He guided Noches De Rosa to an upset victory over a furiously closing Megahertz in the $324,250 Gamely Handicap (gr. IT) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park.
Diamond A Racing Stable's Noches de Rosa notched the biggest win of her career Saturday, upsetting Garden in the Rain and even-money favorite Megahertz with a front-running effort in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf at Santa Anita.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela is brimming with confidence over the chances of Golden Apples in Saturday's turf stakes at Santa Anita, in spite of the presence of Banks Hill and Voodoo Dancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start