A son of Hernando topped an upbeat Goffs Sportsman's yearling sale, bringing 75,000 Euros Oct. 5 in Ireland. Stephen Hillen purchased the bay yearling from Staffordstown.
Colts by Selkirk and Invincible Spirit led the way Oct. 13 during the second session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which enjoyed upswings in gross and average price. Each colt sold for 260,000 guineas.
Goffs' 2006 Million sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, concluded Thursday evening after a buoyant day's trade that helped produce a 59,158,000 euros gross (up 14.6% on 2005) for 510 lots sold.
Ireland's yearling auction season made an auspicious start Sept. 24 and 25 when the Tattersalls (Ireland) September select sessions posted record figures, from which graduates qualify for the Breeders' Stakes race, worth 300,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy