A son of Hernando topped an upbeat Goffs Sportsman's yearling sale, bringing 75,000 Euros Oct. 5 in Ireland. Stephen Hillen purchased the bay yearling from Staffordstown.
Colts by Selkirk and Invincible Spirit led the way Oct. 13 during the second session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which enjoyed upswings in gross and average price. Each colt sold for 260,000 guineas.
Goffs' 2006 Million sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, concluded Thursday evening after a buoyant day's trade that helped produce a 59,158,000 euros gross (up 14.6% on 2005) for 510 lots sold.
Ireland's yearling auction season made an auspicious start Sept. 24 and 25 when the Tattersalls (Ireland) September select sessions posted record figures, from which graduates qualify for the Breeders' Stakes race, worth 300,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby