A son of Hernando topped an upbeat Goffs Sportsman's yearling sale, bringing 75,000 Euros Oct. 5 in Ireland. Stephen Hillen purchased the bay yearling from Staffordstown.
Colts by Selkirk and Invincible Spirit led the way Oct. 13 during the second session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which enjoyed upswings in gross and average price. Each colt sold for 260,000 guineas.
Goffs' 2006 Million sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, concluded Thursday evening after a buoyant day's trade that helped produce a 59,158,000 euros gross (up 14.6% on 2005) for 510 lots sold.
Ireland's yearling auction season made an auspicious start Sept. 24 and 25 when the Tattersalls (Ireland) September select sessions posted record figures, from which graduates qualify for the Breeders' Stakes race, worth 300,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby