Kentucky stewards have suspended trainer Brendan Walsh for 10 days after multiple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs were found in post-race tests of Saham after his third-place finish in the Transylvania Stakes.
F and F Stable's Best Play failed drug tests in back-to-back starts for trainer Luis Miranda in late 2014 and early 2015, a circumstance New York's state steward said he can't recall ever previously happening.
A New York Racing Association committee could recommend to the full board of directors adoption of a house rule to combat use of multiple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup