Kentucky stewards have suspended trainer Brendan Walsh for 10 days after multiple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs were found in post-race tests of Saham after his third-place finish in the Transylvania Stakes.
F and F Stable's Best Play failed drug tests in back-to-back starts for trainer Luis Miranda in late 2014 and early 2015, a circumstance New York's state steward said he can't recall ever previously happening.
A New York Racing Association committee could recommend to the full board of directors adoption of a house rule to combat use of multiple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Masochistic Breezes to Pat O'Brien Victory