Stakes winner Basketball Court has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Ginny Stack's Wishful Thinking Farm near Quakertown, Pa.
A three-member panel of the Emirates Racing Authority on Monday heard the appeal of the connections of Brass Hat over the gelding's disqualification of his second-place finish in this year's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Florida shipper Stay Forever, making her first start in three months, came from behind to edge fellow closer Super Brand by a half-length in the $500,000 WinStar Galaxy (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Keeneland turf Sunday.
Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
Stay Forever came from the rear of the pack with a huge rush down the center of the track in the final stages to nip Sand Springs for victory in the $168,300 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Stay Forever captured the $150,000 Hollywood Wildcat Breeders' Cup Handicap at Calder Race Course on Saturday, coming from well off the pace and running down the early leaders in the final strides.
Stay Forever beat Pembroke Palace by three lengths in the $50,000 Noble Royalty Handicap at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Dressed in Hermes Rallies to DeMille Win
- Steward Tom Ward Works Final Day at Del Mar
- Poshsky Rallies to Take Berkeley Handicap
- Mohaymen Heads South After Remsen Victory
- Casse Has Derby Aspirations for 2-year-olds
- Gulfstream Park West Reports Improved Figures