A trio of owners are lobbying for a federal ban of race-day drug use.
Kentucky's at-risk horses are set to receive a gift from the Keeneland Foundation and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky in the form of a $20,000 grant to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center.
- By Claire Novak
The Kentucky Equine Humane Center recently held its inaugural open house at the organization's leased property in Nicholasville, Ky.
Kentucky Equine Humane Center, which officially opened its doors April 16, offers shelter and care for unwanted horses of all breeds. Located near Lexington, the organization is headed by president Staci Hancock and executive director Lori Neagle.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2