A trio of owners are lobbying for a federal ban of race-day drug use.
Kentucky's at-risk horses are set to receive a gift from the Keeneland Foundation and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky in the form of a $20,000 grant to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center.
The Kentucky Equine Humane Center recently held its inaugural open house at the organization's leased property in Nicholasville, Ky.
Kentucky Equine Humane Center, which officially opened its doors April 16, offers shelter and care for unwanted horses of all breeds. Located near Lexington, the organization is headed by president Staci Hancock and executive director Lori Neagle.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector