A trio of owners are lobbying for a federal ban of race-day drug use.
Kentucky's at-risk horses are set to receive a gift from the Keeneland Foundation and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky in the form of a $20,000 grant to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center.
- By Claire Novak
The Kentucky Equine Humane Center recently held its inaugural open house at the organization's leased property in Nicholasville, Ky.
Kentucky Equine Humane Center, which officially opened its doors April 16, offers shelter and care for unwanted horses of all breeds. Located near Lexington, the organization is headed by president Staci Hancock and executive director Lori Neagle.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection