Daniel Sullivan, president of The Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation, announced Feb. 14 that Giant Oak had been named the state's 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male.
Mambo Meister, who has recorded all nine of his lifetime wins at Calder Casino & Race Course, is the one to beat in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 11 at the South Florida racetrack.
Lookin At Lucky, buried near the back of the pack on a sloppy track, rallied wide for jockey Martin Garcia to score a popular victory by 1 1/4 lengths in the $510,900 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return