A beautiful son of Curlin lit up the bid board at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July selected yearling sale when he was purchased by Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds for $475,000.
Book 3 of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington spun off another remarkably high-priced yearling Sept. 21, when a Curlin filly sold for $975,000 as the auction rolled through its seventh session.
Twenty-four hours after the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park, the race results were casting a bright glow at the Fasig-Tipton November and Keeneland November mixed sales in Lexington.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Multiple grade I winner Smiling Tiger has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test