As potential buyers went about their business Oct. 23 inspecting yearlings entered in the Fasig-Titpon October sale, the crew at Brookdale Sales could hardly keep up with the volume of requests to see the consignment’s offerings.
A beautiful son of Curlin lit up the bid board at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July selected yearling sale when he was purchased by Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds for $475,000.
Book 3 of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington spun off another remarkably high-priced yearling Sept. 21, when a Curlin filly sold for $975,000 as the auction rolled through its seventh session.
Twenty-four hours after the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park, the race results were casting a bright glow at the Fasig-Tipton November and Keeneland November mixed sales in Lexington.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Multiple grade I winner Smiling Tiger has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board