As potential buyers went about their business Oct. 23 inspecting yearlings entered in the Fasig-Titpon October sale, the crew at Brookdale Sales could hardly keep up with the volume of requests to see the consignment’s offerings.
A beautiful son of Curlin lit up the bid board at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July selected yearling sale when he was purchased by Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds for $475,000.
Book 3 of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington spun off another remarkably high-priced yearling Sept. 21, when a Curlin filly sold for $975,000 as the auction rolled through its seventh session.
Twenty-four hours after the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park, the race results were casting a bright glow at the Fasig-Tipton November and Keeneland November mixed sales in Lexington.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Multiple grade I winner Smiling Tiger has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes