A beautiful son of Curlin lit up the bid board at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July selected yearling sale when he was purchased by Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds for $475,000.
Book 3 of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington spun off another remarkably high-priced yearling Sept. 21, when a Curlin filly sold for $975,000 as the auction rolled through its seventh session.
Twenty-four hours after the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park, the race results were casting a bright glow at the Fasig-Tipton November and Keeneland November mixed sales in Lexington.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Multiple grade I winner Smiling Tiger has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- AUS Breeders Mull Legal Action Over New Rules
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires