Making his first stakes appearance against older horses, Queen's Plate victor Eye of the Leopard has no easy task, facing several multiple added-money winners in the $150,000 Autumn (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 14.
Rene Douglas snuck a peek around each shoulder approaching the quarter-pole in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), knowing that he had a loaded gun underneath him. The veteran jockey then let Winchester loose, and the 3-year-old son of Theatrical swallowed pacesetter Tizdejavu, eventually drawing clear for a convincing 7 1/4-length upset victory Aug. 9 at Arlington Park.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Tizdejavu, undefeated on turf, will be after his fourth consecutive victory over the surface in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 9 at Arlington Park. Tizdejavu, trained by Gregory Fox, was installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the 1 1/4-mile test for 3-year-olds. Nine were entered.
Tizdejavu again stamped himself as a major player in the 3-year-old turf ranks with another effortless victory, this time in the July 12 American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- Slideshow: Groupie Doll's First Foal At Home
- Storm Cat Statue on Loan to Saratoga Park
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill