Vicarage, a graded stakes winner and grade II stakes-placed, will head to the Republic of Georgia to start his stallion career.
For Dixie, a stakes winner and multiple graded stakes producer, was euthanized July 24 after suffering a ruptured intestine near her stomach.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos will stand the 2008 breeding season at Nuckols Farm near Midway, Ky., it was announced Oct. 12 by owner John Oxley.
Regal Band, dam of 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos, died April 9 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Jim Squires, breeder of Kentucky Derby winner Monarchos, loves the Thoroughbred business but isn't afraid to say it's not in the best of health in Kentucky.
By Jim Squires -- Being both an incurable reformer and a glutton for punishment, it is hard not to be envious of the opportunity Gov. Ernie Fletcher has given his newly constituted Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Monarchos (Maria's Mon -- Regal Band, by Dixieland Band) posted his first stakes win in the Florida Derby (gr. I) to remain undefeated this year. The March 10 race was his first attempt in stakes company in five lifetime starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive