Vicarage, a graded stakes winner and grade II stakes-placed, will head to the Republic of Georgia to start his stallion career.
For Dixie, a stakes winner and multiple graded stakes producer, was euthanized July 24 after suffering a ruptured intestine near her stomach.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos will stand the 2008 breeding season at Nuckols Farm near Midway, Ky., it was announced Oct. 12 by owner John Oxley.
Regal Band, dam of 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos, died April 9 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
- By Tom LaMarra
Jim Squires, breeder of Kentucky Derby winner Monarchos, loves the Thoroughbred business but isn't afraid to say it's not in the best of health in Kentucky.
By Jim Squires -- Being both an incurable reformer and a glutton for punishment, it is hard not to be envious of the opportunity Gov. Ernie Fletcher has given his newly constituted Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Monarchos (Maria's Mon -- Regal Band, by Dixieland Band) posted his first stakes win in the Florida Derby (gr. I) to remain undefeated this year. The March 10 race was his first attempt in stakes company in five lifetime starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win