Vicarage, a graded stakes winner and grade II stakes-placed, will head to the Republic of Georgia to start his stallion career.
For Dixie, a stakes winner and multiple graded stakes producer, was euthanized July 24 after suffering a ruptured intestine near her stomach.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos will stand the 2008 breeding season at Nuckols Farm near Midway, Ky., it was announced Oct. 12 by owner John Oxley.
Regal Band, dam of 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos, died April 9 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Jim Squires, breeder of Kentucky Derby winner Monarchos, loves the Thoroughbred business but isn't afraid to say it's not in the best of health in Kentucky.
By Jim Squires -- Being both an incurable reformer and a glutton for punishment, it is hard not to be envious of the opportunity Gov. Ernie Fletcher has given his newly constituted Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Monarchos (Maria's Mon -- Regal Band, by Dixieland Band) posted his first stakes win in the Florida Derby (gr. I) to remain undefeated this year. The March 10 race was his first attempt in stakes company in five lifetime starts.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement