Continuing her quest for an Eclipse Award, Golden Apples drilled a half mile on the Hollywood Park turf Wednesday in a bullet :46.20 breezing for the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Sunday.
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, went to $3.7 million to acquire the Selkirk mare Squeak to top the early portion of the first session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, the 6-year-old mare is in foal to leading sire Storm Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot