Continuing her quest for an Eclipse Award, Golden Apples drilled a half mile on the Hollywood Park turf Wednesday in a bullet :46.20 breezing for the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Sunday.
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, went to $3.7 million to acquire the Selkirk mare Squeak to top the early portion of the first session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, the 6-year-old mare is in foal to leading sire Storm Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales