Continuing her quest for an Eclipse Award, Golden Apples drilled a half mile on the Hollywood Park turf Wednesday in a bullet :46.20 breezing for the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Sunday.
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, went to $3.7 million to acquire the Selkirk mare Squeak to top the early portion of the first session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, the 6-year-old mare is in foal to leading sire Storm Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races