Continuing her quest for an Eclipse Award, Golden Apples drilled a half mile on the Hollywood Park turf Wednesday in a bullet :46.20 breezing for the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Sunday.
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, went to $3.7 million to acquire the Selkirk mare Squeak to top the early portion of the first session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, the 6-year-old mare is in foal to leading sire Storm Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age