With half the field scratched out of Saturday's $50,000 Squan Song at muddy Laurel Park, the seven-furlong event looked like a lock for the prohibitive favorite Yolanda B. Too. But after 17-1 shot La Chica Rica beat her to the finish line, it took a disqualification to save the victory for chalk players.
Yolanda B. Too, who has nothing to prove, faces eleven registered Maryland-bred runners who have much to prove in the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes on Saturday at Laurel Park.
Lou Ulman's Search For A Cure joined the ranks of stakes winners with a thrilling victory in the final jumps to win the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, beating 10 other Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field