With half the field scratched out of Saturday's $50,000 Squan Song at muddy Laurel Park, the seven-furlong event looked like a lock for the prohibitive favorite Yolanda B. Too. But after 17-1 shot La Chica Rica beat her to the finish line, it took a disqualification to save the victory for chalk players.
Yolanda B. Too, who has nothing to prove, faces eleven registered Maryland-bred runners who have much to prove in the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes on Saturday at Laurel Park.
Lou Ulman's Search For A Cure joined the ranks of stakes winners with a thrilling victory in the final jumps to win the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, beating 10 other Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition