With half the field scratched out of Saturday's $50,000 Squan Song at muddy Laurel Park, the seven-furlong event looked like a lock for the prohibitive favorite Yolanda B. Too. But after 17-1 shot La Chica Rica beat her to the finish line, it took a disqualification to save the victory for chalk players.
Yolanda B. Too, who has nothing to prove, faces eleven registered Maryland-bred runners who have much to prove in the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes on Saturday at Laurel Park.
Lou Ulman's Search For A Cure joined the ranks of stakes winners with a thrilling victory in the final jumps to win the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, beating 10 other Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury