With half the field scratched out of Saturday's $50,000 Squan Song at muddy Laurel Park, the seven-furlong event looked like a lock for the prohibitive favorite Yolanda B. Too. But after 17-1 shot La Chica Rica beat her to the finish line, it took a disqualification to save the victory for chalk players.
Yolanda B. Too, who has nothing to prove, faces eleven registered Maryland-bred runners who have much to prove in the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes on Saturday at Laurel Park.
Lou Ulman's Search For A Cure joined the ranks of stakes winners with a thrilling victory in the final jumps to win the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, beating 10 other Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Boban Prevails in Spirited Memsie Finish
- HKJC's Promotes Harding to Executive Post
- Kawi Handy Winner of Makfi Challenge
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast