With half the field scratched out of Saturday's $50,000 Squan Song at muddy Laurel Park, the seven-furlong event looked like a lock for the prohibitive favorite Yolanda B. Too. But after 17-1 shot La Chica Rica beat her to the finish line, it took a disqualification to save the victory for chalk players.
Yolanda B. Too, who has nothing to prove, faces eleven registered Maryland-bred runners who have much to prove in the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes on Saturday at Laurel Park.
Lou Ulman's Search For A Cure joined the ranks of stakes winners with a thrilling victory in the final jumps to win the $50,000 Squan Song Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, beating 10 other Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream