Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
Downthedustyroad left the field covered in dirt to register her first stakes victory in the $250,000 La Brea (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies, the final grade I race of 2006.
Multiple grade I stakes winner Balance, sidelined since May while undergoing ankle surgery, returns to action at her favorite racetrack on Saturday in Santa Anita's $250,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at seven furlongs.
Hystericalady, shipped south by trainer leading Northern California conditioner Jerry Hollendorfer, demolished the field in the $152,400 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) Sunday at Hollywood Park.
She's an Eleven, who finished a disappointing fifth as the favorite in the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) in mid-May at Pimlico, will try to regain her winning ways when she returns to Hollywood Park in Sunday's $150,000-added Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount