Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) winner Tamarando holds the class edge of 11 sophomore runners entered for the $250,00 California Cup Derby at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25; the Cal Cup Oaks on the same card drew a field of 14.
Odds-on Swiss Lake Yodeler wore down 23-1 shot Rovenna in the final yards to win the $200,250 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 21 on the next-to-last day of racing at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Unbeaten Concave, a game half-length winner of the recent Sorrento Stakes (gr. II), and runner-up She's a Tiger renew their battle in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Aug. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show