Seven top sprinters with a hefty 25 stakes wins between them figure to put on quite a show when they battle Saturday in the $400,000 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Keeneland.
Toby's Success, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Fair Grounds last month, collapsed and died while galloping out following a third-place finish in the $100,000 Louisiana Premier Night Sprint at Delta Downs on Saturday.
Two of the country's top female sprinters are slated to square off in Saturday's grade II Princess Rooney.
Xtra Heat, a finalist in two Eclipse Award categories, drew post position two for Saturday's Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel. The Eclipse Awards will be announced Feb. 18.
By Edwin Anthony -- After years of research, I've come to the conclusion that speed is the single most important factor in determining a horse's chances to succeed as a sire of sires.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher