Top sprinter Secret Circle, whose retirement was announced in September, has found a home at stud at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms, per an Oct. 14 release.
- By Steve Haskin
View images from Steve Haskin's feature about Thoroughbred Racing's all-time top sprinters, appearing in the Aug. 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse. This feature will also reveal poll results from our community. view slideshow
Seven top sprinters with a hefty 25 stakes wins between them figure to put on quite a show when they battle Saturday in the $400,000 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Keeneland.
Toby's Success, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Fair Grounds last month, collapsed and died while galloping out following a third-place finish in the $100,000 Louisiana Premier Night Sprint at Delta Downs on Saturday.
Two of the country's top female sprinters are slated to square off in Saturday's grade II Princess Rooney.
Xtra Heat, a finalist in two Eclipse Award categories, drew post position two for Saturday's Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel. The Eclipse Awards will be announced Feb. 18.
By Edwin Anthony -- After years of research, I've come to the conclusion that speed is the single most important factor in determining a horse's chances to succeed as a sire of sires.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis