The 59-day Belmont Park 2010 spring/summer meet, which is highlighted by the June 1 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), kicks off April 30.
Hollywood Park closed its 64th Spring/Summer Meet Sunday virtually on par with its record meet of 2002 as common pool wagering totaled $688,581,157, down just .05 percent from the figure of $688,935,976 a year ago.
Hollywood Park will pay a record $9.5 million in stakes purses during its spring/summer meet that begins April 24. The Southern California racetrack has restructured its stakes schedule to create five big days offering multiple graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares