Belmont Park opens its 59-day spring/summer meet April 29, the highlight of which is the 147th Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the final jewel in America's Triple Crown series.
The 59-day Belmont Park 2010 spring/summer meet, which is highlighted by the June 1 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), kicks off April 30.
Hollywood Park closed its 64th Spring/Summer Meet Sunday virtually on par with its record meet of 2002 as common pool wagering totaled $688,581,157, down just .05 percent from the figure of $688,935,976 a year ago.
Hollywood Park will pay a record $9.5 million in stakes purses during its spring/summer meet that begins April 24. The Southern California racetrack has restructured its stakes schedule to create five big days offering multiple graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny