Topped by a pair of $800,000 horses -- La Galerie and Spring Meadow -- the Keeneland January mixed sale got off to a strong start on Monday.
Secret Liaison wasn't supposed to go to the lead in Saturday's $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares, but when she did, jockey Corey Nakatani decided he'd tag along for what proved to be a dominating four-length victory.
Juddmonte Farm's Sightseek, a runner-up to Starrer in the recent Santa Margarita (gr. I) at Santa Anita, is the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a field of eight in the $200,000 Humana Distaff at seven furlongs for older fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Got Koko mounted a furious late rally and cruised to victory in the $200,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
You passes a demanding Test over Carson Hollow, highlight of a photo finish-filled weekend at the Spa.
Carson Hollow, a 3-year-old daughter of Carson City trained by Richard Dutrow, remained undefeated in four career starts when she ran away with the Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park on Saturday.
Eight three-year-old fillies are set to contest Sunday's $100,000 added Comely (gr. III) over a mile at Aqueduct. Michael Tabor's Bella Bellucci is the standout in the field, and a solid effort will send her straight to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week