Dance Teacher and Play all Day, two successful broodmares owned by Edward P. Evans, were euthanized in March because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Homewrecker, dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized July 1 because of the infirmities of old age.
Four-time grade I winner Lite Light was euthanized May 5 after delivering a Mineshaft filly
Beckys Shirt, whose millionaire son Cajun Beat won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died April 3 from complications of colic after delivering a Storm Cat colt.
Christmas Bonus, a stakes winner and dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized Aug. 18 at age 26 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Graded stakes winner and stakes producer Withallprobability and her grade III-winning daughter With Ability died last month. Both were owned by Edward Evans Spring Hill Farm, near Casanova, Va.
Edward P. Evans' homebred millionaire Summer Colony, the first and one of two horses to beat Azeri, has arrived at her owner's Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., following her retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence