Dance Teacher and Play all Day, two successful broodmares owned by Edward P. Evans, were euthanized in March because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Homewrecker, dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized July 1 because of the infirmities of old age.
Four-time grade I winner Lite Light was euthanized May 5 after delivering a Mineshaft filly
Beckys Shirt, whose millionaire son Cajun Beat won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died April 3 from complications of colic after delivering a Storm Cat colt.
Christmas Bonus, a stakes winner and dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized Aug. 18 at age 26 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Graded stakes winner and stakes producer Withallprobability and her grade III-winning daughter With Ability died last month. Both were owned by Edward Evans Spring Hill Farm, near Casanova, Va.
Edward P. Evans' homebred millionaire Summer Colony, the first and one of two horses to beat Azeri, has arrived at her owner's Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., following her retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes