Dance Teacher and Play all Day, two successful broodmares owned by Edward P. Evans, were euthanized in March because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Homewrecker, dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized July 1 because of the infirmities of old age.
Four-time grade I winner Lite Light was euthanized May 5 after delivering a Mineshaft filly
Beckys Shirt, whose millionaire son Cajun Beat won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died April 3 from complications of colic after delivering a Storm Cat colt.
Christmas Bonus, a stakes winner and dam of five stakes winners, was euthanized Aug. 18 at age 26 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Graded stakes winner and stakes producer Withallprobability and her grade III-winning daughter With Ability died last month. Both were owned by Edward Evans Spring Hill Farm, near Casanova, Va.
Edward P. Evans' homebred millionaire Summer Colony, the first and one of two horses to beat Azeri, has arrived at her owner's Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., following her retirement.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies