Graded stakes winner Maybry's Boy, a son of Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner Broad Brush, is relocating from New York to E.A. Ranches in Ramona, Calif.
Favorites swept the New York Stallion Series stakes Nov. 14 at Aqueduct as Sportswriter took the $100,000 Thunder Rumble and Sunny Desert overcame a troubled start to win the $100,000 Staten Island for fillies and mares.
Sportswriter will try to win his first NYSS on the dirt when he competes in the $100,000 Thunder Rumble at Aqueduct Racetrack, while Sunny Desert heads the $100,000 Staten Island for females Nov. 14.
Grade III winner Maybry's Boy came through with his initial winner when his son Sportswriter scored at Saratoga Aug. 5 in his first start.
- By Vic Zast
Attendance, handle and Marylou again highlight the third Friday. read blog
Maybry's Boy, victor of the 2002 Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III), came through with his first winner when his son Sportswriter scored at Saratoga in his career debut Aug. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015