Silver Wagon's closing style was well served by a fast pace in the $158,600 Sport Page Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Saturday, resulting in a smashing 5 1/2-length victory the Richard Dutrow Jr.-trained gray horse.
Aqueduct will mark Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Championships with five graded stakes races of its own, part of seven-race live program.
Gotaghostofachance is out to turn the tables on Captain Squire in Saturday's $250,000 Emirates Airline Sport Page Handicap (gr. III) after finishing a narrow fourth to him in the Ancient Title at Oak Tree Oct. 8. But trainer Roger Stein says that's not the reason he brought the gelding to Belmont Park on Breeders' Cup day.
Voodoo took the lead on the turn for home and nobody came close to him in the stretch as he won the $112,700 Sport Page Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park by 2 1/2 lengths over Bowman's Band, the 6-5 favorite.
Bowman's Band will probably be the favorite in the $100,000 Sport Page Handicap (gr. III) at seven furlongs on the Belmont Park main track Saturday.
Longshot Multiple Choice, never worse than third at Aqueduct, romped to a 7 1/4-length win over a sloppy track in Saturday's $110,000 Sports Page Handicap (gr.III).
Reba's Gold, third in the Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap after winning the Ralph M. Hinds Pomona Invitational Handicap just seven days earlier on Sept. 29, worked a half-mile in :49.20 Wednesday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends