Maren's Meadow, the victim of a sponging incident at Delaware Park last fall, proved she's over the misfortunate episode and back in top form when she won the $150,000 Bourbonette Oaks Stakes (gr. III) for trainer Larry Jones at Turfway Park March 22.
Golden Velvet, Darley Stable's candidate for the March 9 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park, and the dead-heat co-winner of the Sabin Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 6, was found after that race to have been "sponged," track officials have announced.
Iowa owner Sandra Rasmussen said one of her horses was apparently tampered with in a "sponging" incident at Delaware Park.
Two horses were scratched at Santa Anita on Wednesday after it was detected that both had sponges in their nasal passages.
Most Popular Stories
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know