Turfway Park will increase purses for the seven stakes races on its schedule from January through March, director of racing Tyler Picklesimer announced Dec. 13.
Providing a strong sense of deja vu, Team Valor International's Went the Day Well booked his ticket to the Kentucky Derby with a convincing victory in Saturday's Grade 3, $500,000 Viver Racing Spiral Stakes
Local hope Request for Parole, winner of last month's John Battaglia Memorial Stakes and two-for-two over the local surface, drew post two and was installed the 8-5 morning-line favorite for Saturday's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park.
Three days of heavy rain in Kentucky forced Turfway Park to close the track to training Wednesday morning, keeping two local contenders for the Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) under the shedrow.
Perfect Drift put the finishing touches on his preparations for Saturday's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) Tuesday with a five-furlong drill at Trackside training track in Louisville.
The first two Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders arrived at historic Churchill Downs Wednesday. Dollar Bill, trained by Dallas Stewart, and Buckle Down Ben, trained by D. Wayne Lukas, arrived on a plane from Fair Grounds Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory