Turfway Park will increase purses for the seven stakes races on its schedule from January through March, director of racing Tyler Picklesimer announced Dec. 13.
Providing a strong sense of deja vu, Team Valor International's Went the Day Well booked his ticket to the Kentucky Derby with a convincing victory in Saturday's Grade 3, $500,000 Viver Racing Spiral Stakes
Local hope Request for Parole, winner of last month's John Battaglia Memorial Stakes and two-for-two over the local surface, drew post two and was installed the 8-5 morning-line favorite for Saturday's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park.
Three days of heavy rain in Kentucky forced Turfway Park to close the track to training Wednesday morning, keeping two local contenders for the Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) under the shedrow.
Perfect Drift put the finishing touches on his preparations for Saturday's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) Tuesday with a five-furlong drill at Trackside training track in Louisville.
The first two Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders arrived at historic Churchill Downs Wednesday. Dollar Bill, trained by Dallas Stewart, and Buckle Down Ben, trained by D. Wayne Lukas, arrived on a plane from Fair Grounds Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate