Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
Recent group I Sun Chariot Stakes heroine Spinning Queen (by Spinning World) spear-headed a dramatic opening breeding stock day at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket when selling for 3 million guineas (about $6.1 million), a record at the event.
Spinning Queen made her second foray into Group 1 company an eye-catching one when leading from gate to wire to post an impressive nine-length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Sunday.
The Florida-bred Nasheej earned her first group win Saturday when she captured the Swynford Paddocks Hotel Sweet Solera Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket by a head over Confidential Lady.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes