Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
Recent group I Sun Chariot Stakes heroine Spinning Queen (by Spinning World) spear-headed a dramatic opening breeding stock day at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket when selling for 3 million guineas (about $6.1 million), a record at the event.
Spinning Queen made her second foray into Group 1 company an eye-catching one when leading from gate to wire to post an impressive nine-length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Sunday.
The Florida-bred Nasheej earned her first group win Saturday when she captured the Swynford Paddocks Hotel Sweet Solera Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket by a head over Confidential Lady.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- BH 100: The Royal Treatment
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired