Spinelessjellyfish, a multiple stakes winner who was grade I stakes-placed, will enter stud at Steve Sahadi's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Last year's Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) hero Sky Jack is set to make a return to racing in Friday's fifth race at Hollywood Park, a 1 1/16-mile allowance test on turf worth $62,000 for 4-year-olds and upward.
Trainer Bobby Frankel completed a sweep of the Santa Anita turf stakes races Saturday when Speak In Passing, in his first start in more than 15 months, won the $137,500 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Grey Memo, set to depart California Wednesday morning for Saturday's $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park, had his final prep for the 1 1/8-mile event Tuesday by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5, handily, at Santa Anita.
Spinelessjellyfish made trainer Jenine Sahadi and jockey Julie Krone the first female team to win a Santa Anita stakes Sunday in the $108,300 Sensational Star Handicap for older California-breds.
Sea Jewel, fourth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), faces stakes winners Atlantic Ocean and Summer Wind Dancer in Sunday's $100,000-added Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Harris Farms-bred Hot Market, ridden by Kent Desormeaux, registered a 3 1/2-length victory over Grey Memo in the $107,700 On Trust Handicap for California breds Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron became the seventh jockey to reach the 7,000 win plateau, guiding 3-1 third betting choice Spinelessjellyfish to victory in the $175,000 Khaled Stakes Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill