Central Kentucky stallion Sandpit, a champion in his native Brazil and a multiple grade I turf winner in the U.S., succumbed to a liver disease and a cancerous tumor Sept. 4.
A half-interest in graded stakes-winning 2-year-old Cuvee has been purchased by a partnership that includes Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm
Members of the Mr. Greeley syndicate and Spendthrift Farm have purchased a 50% interest in the breeding rights to top 2-year-old Whywhywhy.
Kerosene, who continued to stand as the property of Ted Taylor at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington even after Taylor sold the farm to Bruce Kline and partners, was euthanized Nov. 23 at age 15 after a debilitating disease.
Brownell Combs, the former head of Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, has pleaded guilty to federal income tax fraud, the Columbus Dispatch reported Wednesday.
By John Williams -- As many of us coped with the death of Affirmed on Jan. 12, one underlying theme was evident: it seemed everybody connected to the horse considered it a privilege that he had touched their lives. This had been true all of his life, I am sure.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts