Fourteen-year-old stallion Botanic was euthanized Dec. 12 at Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington because of complications from foundering.
Grade I winner Whywhywhy has arrived at Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, where he will enter stud for $7,500.
Blandford Bloodstock paid $155,000 for a son of Prized to top Thursday's session of Keeneland's September yearling sale. For the session, Keeneland reported 299 horses sold for $4,066,800, good for an average of $16,946 and a median of $11,000.
Central Kentucky stallion Sandpit, a champion in his native Brazil and a multiple grade I turf winner in the U.S., succumbed to a liver disease and a cancerous tumor Sept. 4.
A half-interest in graded stakes-winning 2-year-old Cuvee has been purchased by a partnership that includes Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm
Members of the Mr. Greeley syndicate and Spendthrift Farm have purchased a 50% interest in the breeding rights to top 2-year-old Whywhywhy.
Kerosene, who continued to stand as the property of Ted Taylor at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington even after Taylor sold the farm to Bruce Kline and partners, was euthanized Nov. 23 at age 15 after a debilitating disease.
Brownell Combs, the former head of Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, has pleaded guilty to federal income tax fraud, the Columbus Dispatch reported Wednesday.
By John Williams -- As many of us coped with the death of Affirmed on Jan. 12, one underlying theme was evident: it seemed everybody connected to the horse considered it a privilege that he had touched their lives. This had been true all of his life, I am sure.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant