In this continuing series about top horses sired by popular sires, trainers share their views on Bernardini's offspring. view slideshow
Let Faith Arise, winner of the Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) in March, stands out among 10 fillies and mares set for the $100,000 Adoration Stakes (gr. III) May 18 at Santa Anita Park.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
After breaking through with her first graded stakes win one month ago, Iotapa seeks grade I glory when facing seven other older fillies and mares in the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
A Malibu Moon colt, who is a half brother to grade II winner Spellbound, was purchased by agent Demi O'Byrne for $1.3 million during the March 11 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Hong Kong, Fair Grounds, Gulfstream, Santa Anita, Sam Houston, Sunland, Laurel & more. view slideshow
Spellbound made trainer Richard Mandella's quick cross-country trip worthwhile when she came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at 16-1 odds Jan. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer will have a pair of representatives -- Broken Sword and Curvy Cat -- as he seeks his third Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II) win in four years.
Two-year-old filly champion of 2012 Beholder will be the heavy favorite when she faces five foes in the April 6 Santa Anita Oaks for Spendthrift Farm and Richard Mandella.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day