In Bayern and Moreno, we have two dangerous weapons, which individually would be deadly for everyone else in the Breeders' Cup Classic field. read blog
This final installment of three looks at the top contenders ranked in the bottom third of the prospective field by points on the TwinSpires.com Kentucky Derby Championship Series. read blog
Check off the horses who have shown they want to come from a half-dozen lengths back or farther. read blog
The speed-baller's presence could have a profound effect on Derby 138 read blog
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
Toby's Success, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Fair Grounds last month, collapsed and died while galloping out following a third-place finish in the $100,000 Louisiana Premier Night Sprint at Delta Downs on Saturday.
By Edwin Anthony -- After years of research, I've come to the conclusion that speed is the single most important factor in determining a horse's chances to succeed as a sire of sires.
How much of a horse's athletic ability is due to genetics?
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector