In Bayern and Moreno, we have two dangerous weapons, which individually would be deadly for everyone else in the Breeders' Cup Classic field. read blog
This final installment of three looks at the top contenders ranked in the bottom third of the prospective field by points on the TwinSpires.com Kentucky Derby Championship Series. read blog
Check off the horses who have shown they want to come from a half-dozen lengths back or farther. read blog
The speed-baller's presence could have a profound effect on Derby 138 read blog
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
Toby's Success, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Fair Grounds last month, collapsed and died while galloping out following a third-place finish in the $100,000 Louisiana Premier Night Sprint at Delta Downs on Saturday.
By Edwin Anthony -- After years of research, I've come to the conclusion that speed is the single most important factor in determining a horse's chances to succeed as a sire of sires.
How much of a horse's athletic ability is due to genetics?
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title