J. Keeler Johnson analyzes the potential pace scenarios of the Preakness Stakes. read blog
As expected, given a 20-horse field that is knee-deep in fast young horses, the TimeformUS Pace Projector is projecting a fast pace. read blog
Don't act bewildered when your freakishly fast Bellamy Road finishes up the track on the first Saturday in May and a "slowpoke" like Giacomo comes charging by you in the stretch. read blog
In Bayern and Moreno, we have two dangerous weapons, which individually would be deadly for everyone else in the Breeders' Cup Classic field. read blog
This final installment of three looks at the top contenders ranked in the bottom third of the prospective field by points on the TwinSpires.com Kentucky Derby Championship Series. read blog
Check off the horses who have shown they want to come from a half-dozen lengths back or farther. read blog
The speed-baller's presence could have a profound effect on Derby 138 read blog
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
Toby's Success, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Fair Grounds last month, collapsed and died while galloping out following a third-place finish in the $100,000 Louisiana Premier Night Sprint at Delta Downs on Saturday.
By Edwin Anthony -- After years of research, I've come to the conclusion that speed is the single most important factor in determining a horse's chances to succeed as a sire of sires.
How much of a horse's athletic ability is due to genetics?
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch