Coolmore's top sire of multiple classic winners and champions has experienced declining fertility for several years.
Peeping Fawn, who had been knocking on the door in the 3-year-old filly division, finally broke through at the highest level when capturing the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) over older fillies at the Curragh on Saturday.
Specifically, the dam of this year's One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Speciosa, topped the third session of the Tattersalls December mare sale Nov. 29, bringing a session high price of 1.85 million guineas (about $3.8 million) from John Warren Bloodstock as trade continued in record-breaking fashion.
Pride made amends for her second place finish in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) with an easy three length victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday.
Multiple champion Hurricane Run tasted defeat for only the second time in his career when he was beaten at the wire by the classy 6-year-old French mare, Pride, in the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) on Sunday.
Sir Mark Prescott ended a 36-year wait for a Classic win when his filly Confidential Lady won the Prix de Diane Hermes (Fr-I) at Chantilly on Sunday.
Alexandrova landed another English classic for trainer Aidan O'Brien and owners Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith when flying home an easy winner of the 228th running of the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
Speciosa won the English One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths to give small-time trainer Pam Sly and jockey Michael Fenton their first classic triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap