Coolmore's top sire of multiple classic winners and champions has experienced declining fertility for several years.
Peeping Fawn, who had been knocking on the door in the 3-year-old filly division, finally broke through at the highest level when capturing the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) over older fillies at the Curragh on Saturday.
Specifically, the dam of this year's One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Speciosa, topped the third session of the Tattersalls December mare sale Nov. 29, bringing a session high price of 1.85 million guineas (about $3.8 million) from John Warren Bloodstock as trade continued in record-breaking fashion.
Pride made amends for her second place finish in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) with an easy three length victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday.
Multiple champion Hurricane Run tasted defeat for only the second time in his career when he was beaten at the wire by the classy 6-year-old French mare, Pride, in the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) on Sunday.
Sir Mark Prescott ended a 36-year wait for a Classic win when his filly Confidential Lady won the Prix de Diane Hermes (Fr-I) at Chantilly on Sunday.
Alexandrova landed another English classic for trainer Aidan O'Brien and owners Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith when flying home an easy winner of the 228th running of the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
Speciosa won the English One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths to give small-time trainer Pam Sly and jockey Michael Fenton their first classic triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks