Toho Jackal smashed the Kyoto course record by nearly two seconds in winning the 75th Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese St. Leger), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown Oct. 26.
Runner-up in the first two jewels of Japan's Triple Crown earlier this year, regally bred Epiphaneia broke through for a classic win in smashing style in the Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese St. Leger) Oct. 20 at Kyoto.
Buena Vista, disqualified from first to second for interference in last year's Japan Cup (Jpn-I), found no such problems this year. The 5-year-old mare surged late to win the $6.1 million event Nov. 27 at Tokyo Racecourse.
In what trainer Hiroyoshi Matsuda called her "best race ever" favored Buena Vista scored a two-length win in the Tenno Sho (Autumn). The 142nd running of the
Favored Buena Vista used her stupendous kick to slip past Hikaru Amaranthus approaching the wire, registering a neck victory in the $2.1 million Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse May 16.
Heavy favorite Buena Vista collared second choice Red Desire with 100 meters to run and went on to capture the US$2.1 million Oka Sho (Japanese One Thousand Guineas) by a half-length for the second grade I victory of her career April 12 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Making a huge statement for Japanese racing, Cesario demolished an international field of 3-year-old fillies in winning the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park grass Sunday.
Cesario, winner of Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) in her last start on May 22, is scheduled to arrive at Hollywood Park Monday for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3, racing secretary Martin Panza said Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown