Betting lines on Saturday's $2 million (Australian funds) Australian Derby (Aust-I) suggest Niello is facing a far from easy task to become the fifth colt to win Australia's Triple Crown.
If American racegoers loved the true grit Australasian filly Happyanunoit displayed a few years back when she was sent to race in the U.S., they will go crazy when they see Australian sensation Special Harmony.
Special Harmony completed the group I double for spring fillies with an easy victory in the 143rd Victoria Oaks (Aust-I) at Flemington Nov. 5.
Timbourina could provide Timber Country with his first group I winner outside Japan in the $625,000 (Australian funds) Victoria Oaks (Aust-I and 2,500 meters) at Melbourne's Flemington oval on Nov. 6.
Spinning World, winner of the 1997 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), collected his first group I success in Melbourne Oct. 15 when jockey Damien Oliver had a grand day out at Caulfield with Special Harmony.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride