Betting lines on Saturday's $2 million (Australian funds) Australian Derby (Aust-I) suggest Niello is facing a far from easy task to become the fifth colt to win Australia's Triple Crown.
If American racegoers loved the true grit Australasian filly Happyanunoit displayed a few years back when she was sent to race in the U.S., they will go crazy when they see Australian sensation Special Harmony.
Special Harmony completed the group I double for spring fillies with an easy victory in the 143rd Victoria Oaks (Aust-I) at Flemington Nov. 5.
Timbourina could provide Timber Country with his first group I winner outside Japan in the $625,000 (Australian funds) Victoria Oaks (Aust-I and 2,500 meters) at Melbourne's Flemington oval on Nov. 6.
Spinning World, winner of the 1997 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), collected his first group I success in Melbourne Oct. 15 when jockey Damien Oliver had a grand day out at Caulfield with Special Harmony.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern