Betting lines on Saturday's $2 million (Australian funds) Australian Derby (Aust-I) suggest Niello is facing a far from easy task to become the fifth colt to win Australia's Triple Crown.
If American racegoers loved the true grit Australasian filly Happyanunoit displayed a few years back when she was sent to race in the U.S., they will go crazy when they see Australian sensation Special Harmony.
Special Harmony completed the group I double for spring fillies with an easy victory in the 143rd Victoria Oaks (Aust-I) at Flemington Nov. 5.
Timbourina could provide Timber Country with his first group I winner outside Japan in the $625,000 (Australian funds) Victoria Oaks (Aust-I and 2,500 meters) at Melbourne's Flemington oval on Nov. 6.
Spinning World, winner of the 1997 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), collected his first group I success in Melbourne Oct. 15 when jockey Damien Oliver had a grand day out at Caulfield with Special Harmony.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned