Betting lines on Saturday's $2 million (Australian funds) Australian Derby (Aust-I) suggest Niello is facing a far from easy task to become the fifth colt to win Australia's Triple Crown.
If American racegoers loved the true grit Australasian filly Happyanunoit displayed a few years back when she was sent to race in the U.S., they will go crazy when they see Australian sensation Special Harmony.
Special Harmony completed the group I double for spring fillies with an easy victory in the 143rd Victoria Oaks (Aust-I) at Flemington Nov. 5.
Timbourina could provide Timber Country with his first group I winner outside Japan in the $625,000 (Australian funds) Victoria Oaks (Aust-I and 2,500 meters) at Melbourne's Flemington oval on Nov. 6.
Spinning World, winner of the 1997 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), collected his first group I success in Melbourne Oct. 15 when jockey Damien Oliver had a grand day out at Caulfield with Special Harmony.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm