Ramon Dominguez, who retired last June because of head injuries he sustained in a spill at Aqueduct early in 2013, returned to Maryland May 15 and was honored by the Maryland Jockey Club with its Special Award of Merit.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez, turf writer Sean Clancy, photographer Patrick Smith, and television executives Mark Viviano and Amy Zimmerman will be honored by the Maryland Jockey Club with this year's Preakness media awards.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes