Claiborne homebred Blame descends from a historic family associated with the farm for nearly 60 years.
Mien, the dam of 2008 Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Big Brown, will be bred to Henrythenavigator in 2009. An English and Irish classic winner, Henrythenavigator (by Kingmambo) finished second in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). He will be standing his inaugural breeding season at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., for a fee of $65,000.
Fasig-Tipton will pay the nomination and entry fees for any of the six 2009 graded stakes for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course on horses sold at its upcoming Saratoga select yearling sale, it was jointly announced Aug. 2 by the sales company and the New York Racing Association.
HorseRacing TV's recent airing of a special on Barbaro will be available on DVD beginning Friday, June 15.
Chace City dueled for the early lead then pulled away in the stretch to win the Saratoga Special Stakes (gr. II) by a length at the Spa Aug. 17. King of the Roxy, who gave chase early, finished second in the $200,000 race for juveniles.
Master of Disaster, a very impressive maiden winner, heads a field of seven Thursday at Saratoga in the grade II Saratoga Special.
Dale Baird, who has trained more winners than any Thoroughbred trainer in history, has been selected to receive a Special Eclipse Award.
Neil Howard may saddle a longshot Saturday in the Preakness (gr. I), but he sent out a favorite to win the $600,000 Pimlico Special (gr. I) Friday. Mineshaft and Robby Albarado won the Pimlico Special over Western Pride and longshot Judge's Case.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release