With last year's winner and stablemate Philly Ace scratched, Speaking of Which made the most of an opportunity to shine for trainer Christophe Clement in the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 7 at Calder Race Course.
Although Point of Entry will not defend his title in the $600,000 Man o' War Handicap at Belmont Park July 13, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey hopes Boisterous will be a capable pinch-hitter in the grade I turf event.
Trainer Shug McGaughey said emphatically that turf star Point of Entry will compete in the $500,000 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) June 8, despite the forecast for rain over the weekend.
Trainer Christophe Clement will be well represented with two starters in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Belmont Park May 4, including 2-1 morning line favorite Speaking of Which.
Fifteen 3-year-olds, including Travers Stakes (gr. I) dead-heat winner Golden Ticket, are entered in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 25 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Irish-bred Grandeur, with William Buick up, rallies from last after stumbling at the start Nov. 2 to win the $150,000 Twilight Derby (gr. IIT) to cap off the Breeders' Cup Friday card at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit