The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that its NTRA Advantage group purchasing program will offer all its sales materials and communications in both English and Spanish in 2013.
Al Galope, a new monthly program on horse racing, is scheduled to make its debut at 9 p.m. June 30 on CNN en Espanol.
After retiring from racing July 30 due to five fractured vertebrae sustained in a February spill at Aqueduct, Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos is exploring ways to share his expertise with racing fans and companies.
InCompass, the leading supplier of program pages to simulcast sites across North America, has expanded its Simo-Central service to offer simulcast race programs for North American racing in Spanish.
By Gary McMillen -- It all started one morning in the backstretch kitchen. Chaplain Les Riggs sat down and had breakfast with me. He wanted to start an English class for the Hispanic workers. He was frustrated. Nobody was willing to help. Fools rush in -- I volunteered on the spot. Riggs almost choked on his bacon.
Most Popular Stories
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale