Odds-on choice My Fiona registered the third stakes win of her juvenile campaign when she outfought a game Heat the Rocks in a see-saw stretch run to prevail in the $200,000 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 7 at Los Alamitos.
Odds-on Swiss Lake Yodeler wore down 23-1 shot Rovenna in the final yards to win the $200,250 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 21 on the next-to-last day of racing at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The final week of racing in the history of Betfair Hollywood Park will begin Friday, Dec. 20 and continue through closing day Sunday, Dec. 22.
A fast pace worked perfectly for Doinghardtimeagain, who swept past the leaders to register a 2 1/4-length victory in the inaugural running of the $196,000 Soviet Problem Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 9.
Home Journey, who has won her first two starts by a combined margin of nearly 10 lengths, will try to stay perfect in the $200,000 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 9 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The $750,000-guaranteed CashCall Futurity (gr. I), an annual stop for future Triple Crown contenders, will once again be the most lucrative event on the stakes calendar for the 2012 autumn meet at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah