Joseph Allen's homebred Ecclesiastic ended a two-year graded stakes drought when he swept to a 24-1 shocker for trainer H. Allen Jerkens in Sunday's $113,800 Jaipur (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park inner turf course.
The Philadelphia Park horsemen will conclude their four day "turf festival" at Atlantic City Thursday afternoon with the running of the $50,000 Tony Gatto Dream Big Stakes. It's the second running of the race, a five-furlong turf test for three year-olds and up. The race is named in memory of the long time plant superintendent at the Mays Landing track.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez notched his fifth winner on the day aboard E. Allen Murray Jr.'s Celtic Innis in the $100,000 Vincent A. Moscarelli Memorial at Delaware Park Saturday.
My Lord roared home from far back on the final turn to take a late lead and edge away to win the $94,500 Grey Goose Stakes, a five-furlong turf event on Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. ) day program at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score