Joseph Allen's homebred Ecclesiastic ended a two-year graded stakes drought when he swept to a 24-1 shocker for trainer H. Allen Jerkens in Sunday's $113,800 Jaipur (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park inner turf course.
The Philadelphia Park horsemen will conclude their four day "turf festival" at Atlantic City Thursday afternoon with the running of the $50,000 Tony Gatto Dream Big Stakes. It's the second running of the race, a five-furlong turf test for three year-olds and up. The race is named in memory of the long time plant superintendent at the Mays Landing track.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez notched his fifth winner on the day aboard E. Allen Murray Jr.'s Celtic Innis in the $100,000 Vincent A. Moscarelli Memorial at Delaware Park Saturday.
My Lord roared home from far back on the final turn to take a late lead and edge away to win the $94,500 Grey Goose Stakes, a five-furlong turf event on Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. ) day program at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding