Mine That Bird earned his fourth consecutive win Oct. 5 at Woodbine when he edged pacesetter Bear's Conductor by a half-length in the $232,100 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds.
Two-year-olds take the spotlight Oct. 5 when Woodbine presents the Grey Stakes and the Mazarine Stakes, a pair of grade III events worth $250,000 apiece at 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack racing surface.
C Karma seized the lead in the final furlong and held off the late surging 45-1 shot Freyga by a neck to capture the $157,853 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) on a soft Woodbine turf course Sept. 14.
Robert and Janice McNair just might change their minds about getting out of racing now that their homebred Midshipman won the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 3 closing day. The photo finish victory at seven furlongs over the synthetic surface came just several days after the McNairs announced they were selling their horses and Central Kentucky farm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation.
Canadian invader Southern Exchange might not be favored in the Sept. 3 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) closing day, but he's the only one of the 11 contestants with as many as three wins.
Prohibitive choice Southern Exchange kept his record perfect in three starts with a 3 1/4-length victory in Woodbine's $150,438 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 19.
Southern Exchange made it back-to-back wins to begin his career when he romped to a 4 3/4-length win in Woodbine's $146,614 Victoria Stakes over four 2-year-olds rivals competing on the Polytrack surface June 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud