The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has accredited its first three Thoroughbred aftercare facilities: Florida Thoroughbred Retirement and Adoptive Care, New Vocations, and Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
Well-known equine racing artist Christine Picavet has created an oil painting of Zenyatta at Oaklawn Park that she has donated to racehorse charity Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
The California Retirement Management Account Foundation is awarding $264,000 to 12 different charitable organizations caring for retired California race horses in its second year of raising funds.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet