The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has accredited its first three Thoroughbred aftercare facilities: Florida Thoroughbred Retirement and Adoptive Care, New Vocations, and Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
Well-known equine racing artist Christine Picavet has created an oil painting of Zenyatta at Oaklawn Park that she has donated to racehorse charity Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
The California Retirement Management Account Foundation is awarding $264,000 to 12 different charitable organizations caring for retired California race horses in its second year of raising funds.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death