The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has accredited its first three Thoroughbred aftercare facilities: Florida Thoroughbred Retirement and Adoptive Care, New Vocations, and Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
Well-known equine racing artist Christine Picavet has created an oil painting of Zenyatta at Oaklawn Park that she has donated to racehorse charity Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue.
The California Retirement Management Account Foundation is awarding $264,000 to 12 different charitable organizations caring for retired California race horses in its second year of raising funds.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap