Scheduled for surgery on the afternoon of April 8 for a hairline fracure of his left front cannon bone, Premier Pegasus is officially off the Triple Crown trail.
Dr. Michael "Mick" Peterson will address "Assessing Track Surfaces" at a seminar for horsemen to be held in Arcadia, Calif., March 14. Peterson is the executive director of the Racing Surfaces Testing Laboratory.
A Southern California Equine Foundation ambulance will back up the horses particpating in the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif., Jan. 2, 2006.
Learn about the latest veterinary treatments and procedures for racehorses at a free workshop March 16, sponsored by the Thoroughbred Owners of California, the California Thoroughbred Foundation, and the Southern California Equine Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel