Graydar will take on veteran runners Jackson Bend and Hymn Book and the South American importBrujo de Olleros, in the Sept. 28 Kelso Invitational Handicap (gr. II) hoping to score entry to the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
- By Vic Zast
Close races highlight a Friday card viewed by 22,940 fans. read blog
After a fifth-place finish in the June 5 RTN True North Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park, Sage Valley looks to get back to winning ways in the $100,000 James Marvin Handicap (gr. III) July 19 at Saratoga.
Belmont, Churchill, Monmouth, Curragh, Hollywood, Golden Gate Fields & Much More view slideshow
After winning his previous start by more than 10 lengths, Souper Speedy found a different route to the winner's circle June 7 in the $147,000 Jaipur Stakes over a sloppy track at rainy Belmont Park.
Brilliant Speed, winner of last spring's Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), is expected back in action for the $100,000 Appleton (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 31, trainer Tom Albertrani said.
A few horses move up in Steve's Dozen this week and a lot of new insight in Steve's notes for last week and horses knocking on the door. watch video
Steve Haskin adds Fed Biz and Bodemeister from the Bob Baffert camp to his Derby Dozen. Steve also increases his guests knocking at the door. watch video
Stalking O'Prado Again rallied gamely in the final furlong to defeat pacesetter Souper Speedy by three-quarters of a length in the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
Several for the Nov. 26 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at nine furlongs have strong black-type pedigrees. The 2-year-olds may need it--most are pretty light on experience.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit