With a spot in the $2-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on the line, an overflow field of 14 was drawn for the $500,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Paul Pompa Jr.'s D' Funnybone followed up his impressive Saratoga Special (gr. II) win with another no-doubt-about-it victory, this one in the $250,000 Futurity (gr. II) Sept. 19 at Belmont Park. The 2-year-old son of D'wildcat is sure to be one of the favorites for the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) later this fall, if he is entered.
Two-year-old colts take center stage at Saratoga July 30 as nine up-and-coming young Thoroughbreds look to take the next step on their budding career paths in the 95th running of the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II).
It is unlikely that Hal Wiggins will find a horse like Rachel Alexandra any time soon, but he does have a promising young colt making his stakes debut in the $100,000 Bashford Manor (gr. III), a sprint for 2-year-olds July 3 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers