Sorcerer's Stone, who won the Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. III), was represented by his first winner as a sire when his daughter, Miss Holy Stone, captured a six-furlong race at Louisiana Downs.
Robert Shepard and Carrol Castille's Sorcerer's Stone has been knocked out of Triple Crown consideration because of injury.
Sorcerer's Stone, winner of the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and sixth to Stevie Wonderboy in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Belmont Park, is set to undergo what is described as "minor" ankle surgery on Thursday. The colt will miss a planned start in the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) on Nov. 26.
Patrick Byrne has been in this position at the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships before, heading into the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) with an undefeated colt.
With the New York area receiving more than an inch of rain Saturday night, there were a paucity of works at Belmont Park Sunday morning, none of which were by horses pointing toward the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Undefeated Sorcerer's Stone took a big step toward a start in the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) next month with a scintillating victory in the $198,500 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. III) on closing day at Arlington Park Sunday.
Two-year-olds of both sexes take center stage on Sunday in a pair of grade III races that are part of closing day at Arlington Park this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard