Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, remained in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail Nov. 21, 10 days after being arrested for drunk driving, which resulted in the death of a Long Island, N.Y., woman.
The attorney representing Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, asked a Nassau County District judge to be relieved of representation of his client in a Mineola, NY courtroom Nov. 14.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount