Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, remained in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail Nov. 21, 10 days after being arrested for drunk driving, which resulted in the death of a Long Island, N.Y., woman.
The attorney representing Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, asked a Nassau County District judge to be relieved of representation of his client in a Mineola, NY courtroom Nov. 14.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session