Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, remained in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail Nov. 21, 10 days after being arrested for drunk driving, which resulted in the death of a Long Island, N.Y., woman.
The attorney representing Sophia Santos, daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, asked a Nassau County District judge to be relieved of representation of his client in a Mineola, NY courtroom Nov. 14.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Xpressbet Unveils Financial Stimulus Package
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?